Sumela Monastery Private Tour with Licenced Local Guide
About this activity
Duration 6 hours
Licenced guiding service
- 1 hour 30 minutes
Altındere Valley National Park
Aya Varvara Church
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Start your tour with the comfort of your own licensed guide and chauffeured vehicle
- Visit the Sumela Monastery with a licensed guide. walk in the national park and discover the natural beauty of Altindere National Park
- Gaze at the Virgin Mary (Altındere) Creek and sip your tea or coffee at a café.
Select date and participants
After meeting with your guide from your hotel or at the address you want, we move to Sumela Monastery and arrive at Altındere National Park after a pleasant 1-hour journey. In order to reach the Sumela Monastery, which was built on the steep slope of the Kara Dağ (Black Mountain), we continue our journey by first taking the shuttle minibuses in the National Park and then on foot through the 300m long forest path. If you wish, you can visit the St. Barbara Chapel on the way before reaching the monastery and view the magnificent view of Sumela Monastery from here.
When you arrive at the monastery at the end of the pathway, the historical aqueducts, stone stairs and the social area created for visitors first greet you. You can enjoy the surrounding nature and scenery for a few minutes before entering the Sumela Monastery, which is as grand and inaccessible as a medieval castle. Just behind the entrance door, which is reached by stone stairs, the monastery complex is before your eyes with all its beauty. After visiting Sumela Monastery with its main rock church, chapels, student rooms, library, guesthouse, holy spring and many more accompanied by a local licensed guide , you can continue your visit and exploration inside and outside the monastery in your free time.
Then, we leave Sumela Monastery and arrive at Altındere National Park Social Facilities, first by the path in the forest, then by the national park service. Here we take as many breaks as you need to take advantage of the shopping and social facilities, then we return to our tour vehicle and move to Trabzon. We arrive in Trabzon at the end of the trip and say goodbye to hope to meet you in another trip.
- Licenced guidence service
- Transportation by chauffeur- driven car
- All trips mentioned on the program
- Pick-Up and drop-off service from your hotel
- National park parking fee
- Sumela Monastery enterance fee (7usd)
- National Park shuttle service fee (1 usd)
- Food and drinks
Before departure we will contact you for the list of participants.
- Free pick-up and drop-off service from the hotel or address is provided from Trabzon Merkez, Akçaabat, Yomra, Pelitli, and Kaşüstü. Please contact us for your different location requests
- After arriving to Altındere, due to the restriction for tour vehicles to go up the Monastery, our guests should take the Shuttle Services to the monastery..