Sumela Monastery, Zigana and Hamsiköy Village Tour
About this activity
Duration 7 hours
- 1 hour
Altındere National Park
St. Barbara Chapel
- 1 hour
- Visit the historical Sumela Monastery and learn about its history.
- Have a great time in Altındere National Park. Take a walk in the National Park, enjoy being alone with nature.
- Reach to the summit of Mount Zigana (2050m), travel on the Historical Silk Road and have a great taste break in Hamsiköy.
Select date and participants
You can join our tour, which starts at 10:00 from Trabzon city center, at the meeting places or from your hotel, according to your reservation preference.
We depart for Sumela Monastery for our first visit and arrive at Altındere National Park after a pleasant 1-hour journey. In order to reach the Sümela Monastery, which was established on the steep slope of Karadağ, we continue our journey by first taking minibuses in the National Park and then walking on the 300m long forest road. If you wish, before you reach the monastery, St. You can visit the Barbara Chapel and watch the magnificent view of the Sumela Monastery from here.
When you arrive at the Sumela Monastery, the historical aqueducts, stone stairs and the social area created for visitors first greet you. You can enjoy the surrounding nature and scenery for a few minutes before entering the Sumela Monastery, which is as imposing and inaccessible as the medieval castles.
Just behind the entrance door, which is reached by stone stairs, the monastery complex is before your eyes with all its beauty. At the end of the time given for your visit to the monastery with its main rock church, chapels, student rooms, library, guesthouse, holy spring and many more, we meet with the group leader and start our return from the same route. First, we arrive at our tour vehicle with the national park service, after the path through the forest, and continue our tour to visit the Zigana Pass.
Zigana, where many famous travelers, especially Marco Polo, traveled, is one of the most important passages of the historical Silk Road. After seeing the pass, which is 2050 m above sea level, we move to Hamsiköy. We take our lunch break in Hamsiköy, which is famous for its natural beauties and rice pudding. After visiting Sümela, Zigana and Hamsiköy, our tour ends in Trabzon and we say goodbye to meet in another tour.
- Transportation by new model air conditioned vehicle
- All trips specified in the program
- Museum and Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available extra)
- National Park shuttle service fee
- Before the tour departure, you must fill out the participant information form, which you can access from the reservation confirmation e-mail or from the My Reservations section after logging in.
- Guests at the meeting places and the hotels must be ready at the requested time. Otherwise the tour will move without you.
- Depends on weather conditions our guide/agent can change by the course of a program.