Sumela Monastery, Zigana Pass and Hamsiköy Daily Private Tour
About this activity
Duration 8 hours
Experienced tour driver
- 1 hour
Altındere National Park
Aya Varvara Church
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Enjoy the driverguided air-conditioned car and experienced service with your own chauffeured service and adjust the stopping places and times.
- Explore the 4.th century Sumela Monastery and discover the natural beauties of Altındere National Park.
- Gaze at the Virgin Mary (Altındere) Creek and sip your tea or coffee at a café.
- Ascend to the summit of Mount Zigana (2050m), travel on the Historical Silk Road and take a break at Hamsiköy.
Select date and participants
We start our trip from your hotel or an address at the meeting place and meeting time you have chosen according to your reservation preference.
We start Sumela Monastery, Zigana Pass and Hamsiköy Village Daily Private Tour from Trabzon and move first to Sumela located in Altındere National Park. After about an hour's journey, we arrive at Altındere National Park. To reach the monastery, we first use shuttle service in the national park. For the last 300 meters, we arrive at Sumela Monastery by using a path through the forest. If you wish, you can take a short break in the cafeteria right next to the monastery, or you can start visiting the Sumela Monastery immediately by using the tickets you buy from the national park toll booths.
After your visit to Sumela Monastery from the guard area, library, kitchen, guest and student area, holy spring and main rock church, we return to our tour vehicle with National Park services. We continue our tour by moving to the historical Zigana Pass. Get a local recipe for your meal at Zigana.
Traveling by many famous travelers such as Maco Polo, Zigana is one of the important five on the Historical Silk Road. After seeing the Zigana Pass at an altitude of 2050 meters above sea level, we are moving to Hamsiköy. After visiting Hamsiköy, famous for its natural beauty and rice pudding, our tour ends in Trabzon and we bid farewell to meet on another tour.
- Transportation by driver-guide
- All trips mentioned on the program
- Pick-Up and drop-off service from your hotel
- Sumela Monastery enterance fee
- National park shuttle service fee
Before departure we will contact you for the list of participants.
- After arriving to Altındere, due to the restriction for tour vehicles to go up the Monastery, our guests should take the Shuttle Services to the monastery.
- Free pick-up and drop-off service from the hotel or address is provided from Trabzon Merkez, Akçaabat, Yomra, Pelitli, and Kaşüstü. Please contact us for your different location requests.